SEA's Mission - To empower the youth of Southeastern Wisconsin to be champions in life through excellence in swimming.
The primary goal of Bronze and Silver is to the lay the groundwork for future success (sound stroke mechanics, proper starts, turns, finishes, strong base of kicking, and relay exchanges), the goals of Gold is to build the aerobic base and master distance free and distance IM events (ensuring a well rounded swimmer), while the goal of Senior is to prepare swimmers for college swimming.
The primary movement date for the Fall & Winter Season is December 1 of each year. The primary movement date for the Spring & Summer Season is the first day of the Summer Season (each swimmer is also evaluated at the conclusion of a season and during the season as well).
To move from Gold to Senior, swimmers must prove proficiency in the skills listed below and be recommended for movement by their coach:
1)Demonstrate proficiency with Silver criteria
2) Demonstrate mastery (legal) in the following events 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Fly, 400 IM, and 500 Free
3) Demonstrates the ability to perform a T-20 twice per season with improvement
4) Can legally complete the following training sets 4x200 on 3:00 IM, 7x100 on 1:45 flutter kick, and 10x100 on 1:25 Free
5) Can legally complete one of the following training sets 16x100 on 1:20 Free, 16x100 on 1:40 Back, 16x100 on 1:45 Breast, or 9x50 on :50 Fly
6) Best times are equal to or faster then 100 Free 57.99, 500 Free 5:49.99, 200 IM 2:29.99
7) Achieve a State qualifying time