SEA's Mission - To empower the youth of Southeastern Wisconsin to be champions in life through excellence in swimming.
The primary goal of Bronze and Silver is to the lay the groundwork for future success (sound stroke mechanics, proper starts, turns, finishes, strong base of kicking, and relay exchanges), the goals of Gold is to build the aerobic base and master distance free and distance IM events (ensuring a well rounded swimmer), while the goal of Senior is to prepare swimmers for college swimming.
The primary movement date for the Fall & Winter Season is December 1 of each year. The primary movement date for the Spring & Summer Season is the first day of the Summer Season (each swimmer is also evaluated at the conclusion of a season and during the season as well).
To move from Silver to Gold, swimmers must prove proficiency in the skills listed below and be recommended for movement by their coach:
1) Demonstrate proficiency with Bronze criteria
2) Demonstrate mastery (legal) in the following events 100 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, and 200 IM
3) Can demonstrate, understands and can explain proper breakouts (from a start and a turn) for the four competitive strokes
4) Can legally complete the following training sets 6x50 on 1:00 Free, 6x50 on 1:10 Back, 6x50 on 1:15 Breast, 8x25 on :40 Fly, and 6x50 on 1:15 flutter kick
5) Best times are equal to or faster then 50 Free 39.99, 50 Back 44.99, 50 Breast 49.99, 50 Fly 49.99, and 100 IM 1:45.99
6) Achieve a BB time standard (13-14 swimmers use 11-12 time standards)